End of Destiny: Tournament mode

Support for games made by AReyeP & MCS

Moderators: ronwolf1705, Tricob, AReyeP, MCS

Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

End of Destiny: Tournament mode

Post by Thomas »

I don't think I ever played End of Destiny in Tournament mode. Quite frankly, I have not played this mod too much at all, seem to remember only completing it once or maybe twice. I am definitely getting a run for my money, but in the best possible way. Having a "safe house" kind of approach to quick-saving really keeps you on your toes and makes you get familiar with the map you are in, searching for secret areas, ducking in alcoves, trying to stay alive. It runs like a diamond in DOSBox with all the features that stumped us back in 2004 still very much intact and still impressive.

Any of you guys ever tried the Tournament mode? It's definitely tuff enuff... Really revitalizes your approach to playing mods.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

LOL. Still going at it almost two years later. Back around November or so I finally got out of level 17, which I had been stuck in for quite a while. Today in only half an hour's time I managed to whip level 18, and found the super secret level which led me to challenge #3. All is well and good but I am really in a quandary as to how this level is supposed to progress. I will probably figure it out. And yes, one does learn to get acquainted with each level's outlook and intricacies. December will see End of Destiny turn 20 and it amazes me how vital and difficult and impressive it still is, two decades on.

Very stable DOS EXE still but I did have a tiny glitch that disappeared within one tenth of a second: a locked door was somehow stretched out (Chokan style almost) but in the blink of an eye it was gone. With all these weird levers, triggers, various changes in pace and textured floors and ceilings - not to mention the safehouse floppies - I have not yet experienced a crash. MCS solely is the master of the universe.