WDC

Discussion of Wolf3d Related Programs in "Beta"

Moderators: Andy_Nonymous, Adam Biser

Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

There's a 408 even. I'll have to see what's going on about the update check.

EDIT: Problem will be fixed in the next update (which the current version may or may not detect, depending on what the update version is).
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Adam Biser wrote:There's a 408 even. I'll have to see what's going on about the update check.

EDIT: Problem will be fixed in the next update (which the current version may or may not detect, depending on what the update version is).
Sounds good - I'll wait for that one to upgrade, since I haven't run into any issues with 403 :tup:.
Look at you, hacker...
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Adam Biser wrote:Version 1.19.409 is out
And confirmed the update check worked in 1.18.403 before I updated :tup:.
Look at you, hacker...
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

shodan wrote:
The issue was that it was dropping the last character of the version after checking the server. So "1.18.40" is not newer than "1.18.403". I incremented the minor to 19 so the notification would go up for everyone. :)

Plus, adding ROTT import/export support was good enough to consider it a "minor" update in my mind.
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Adam Biser wrote:
shodan wrote:
The issue was that it was dropping the last character of the version after checking the server. So "1.18.40" is not newer than "1.18.403". I incremented the minor to 19 so the notification would go up for everyone. :)

Plus, adding ROTT import/export support was good enough to consider it a "minor" update in my mind.
Ahh, so that's why the update check said the new version was "1.19.40". I wondered about that. Sneaky bug!
Look at you, hacker...
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

shodan wrote:Ahh, so that's why the update check said the new version was "1.19.40". I wondered about that. Sneaky bug!
Yep, it might have been caused by me having to rewrite some website code when the dugtio17.com host dropped support for the php version I was using. Fun times, but at least I think it's fixed.
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

WDC 1.19.410 is out.
  • Added: The map symbol palette was increased to 64 colors.
  • Fixed: Saving maps to BMP was broken.
Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Tris »

Hi Adam,

Could you perhaps add the possibility to edit fonts and export the original fonts to TTF?
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

Game fonts are already editable.

Exporting to TTF is a bit beyond the scope of the editor.
Tricob
<b>Moderator</b>

Post by Tricob »

Having partially developed a TTF font myself, that and Wolf3D fonts aren't even close to a similar structure. TTF is comparable to Vector graphics, if you're familiar with such things. It's not pixel-based at all.
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Feature request and a bug report here:

Bug: I renamed a sprite image file that WDC tracks as a new chunk (i.e., no "original" image), and when I go to the image in WDC, it pops up a dialog that the file no longer exists, prompting to select a new file for it (this all is fine and expected). However, when selecting said file, it actually deletes the chunk anyway and replaces the image in the next chunk (which was also a new chunk in this case - not sure that makes a difference, but it might), so I have to reinsert a chunk regardless to get the filename updated.

Feature request: Add a straight line drawing tool to the map editor - drawing diagonals gets kinda painful by hand sometimes :).

Thanks!
Look at you, hacker...
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

I will look into that bug. Thanks.
A line tool might not be as easy as it seems like it should be, but I will look into it.
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Re: WDC

Post by Adam Biser »

WDC 1.19.414 is up. I had to change the way updates were reported from the site, so the upgrade check might not work.

shodan, this update fixes the bug you mentioned and adds a line tool for maps.
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Adam Biser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 am WDC 1.19.414 is up. I had to change the way updates were reported from the site, so the upgrade check might not work.

shodan, this update fixes the bug you mentioned and adds a line tool for maps.
:party: :2cool: :D:

Thanks!
Look at you, hacker...
KS-Presto
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by KS-Presto »

Hi Adam!

I was trying to get a total count of a certain tile across all maps in Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, using the Map Tile Statistics tool:

May I suggest adding a "Total:" for each tile? Having to calculate it myself for 90 maps is so tedious it would be faster to write my own program to do it!
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Post by Adam Biser »

@KS-Presto: Added it to my TODO list.

Meanwhile, you might be able to save the list and then open it in a spreadsheet, using it to total for you.
KS-Presto
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by KS-Presto »

Adam Biser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:36 pm @KS-Presto: Added it to my TODO list.
:tup:
Meanwhile, you might be able to save the list and then open it in a spreadsheet, using it to total for you.
Yes, no problem. Admittedly most people probably won't find any use for it; Aliens of Gold has a very rare case where the total count across all maps is important (barrier switches).