EFW Open invite for mappers or new wall textured

Add-On's, Modifications, and Total Conversions discussions

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, TheTalentedMrLeo

PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

EFW Open invite for mappers or new wall textured

Post by PDGamer »

Hi, as some of you might know over the past few years I started working on a 20 level Wolfenstein 3D mod and featured
some screenshots in the "What are you doing with Wolenstein 3d" topic and also in the "Ceiling colours" topic I created
last year. I got as far as finishing a few maps and compiling a "functional EXE" just as with my previous Wolfenstein 3D
mods it will be a dos mod. I have decided to invite other people to either contribute with some of the mapping or/and
contribute with desigining either 1 wall texture or a set including decorations. Here is the list of maps that are open
or taken and will be updated as soon as someone volunteers to take any open slot. You can download the developer's
mod here which includes, a few new wall texture sets including the stone wall from SOD, the toilet from sprite from
Operation Panzerchief, changed ceiling colours, changed music order and new keys here replacing a couple of sprites.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/o3qdyx90 ... v.zip/file
Map 1 PDGamer
Map 2 PDGamer
Map 3 PDGamer ( access to Secret 1 )
Map 4 ack
Map 5 PD Gamer
Map 6 Wolf King
Map 7 PDGamer
Map 8 Thomas
Map 9 PDGamer
Map 10 PDGamer
Map 11 PDGamer
Map 12 PDGamer
Map 13 PDGamer
Map 14 ( open )
Map 15 PDGamer ( access to Secret 2 )
Map 16 Justy Zam
Map 17 PDGamer
Map 18 Boss Hans Gross gerolf ( provide plenty of ammo, health and a chaingun! )
Map 19 Secret 1 PDGamer
Map 20 Secret 2 PDGamer

I also have 10 slots for 10 new wall textures so anybody who is interested in designing either 1 wall texture or a set of
wall textures including decorations please leave a comment in the post. Also please leave a comment on the post
if you are interested in taking any of the open map slots. Please also feel free to suggest a name for this mod
and when it's finished it will be a case of first name drawn out of the hat.

The wall textures should be designed in a similar style to the original id software textures or you can use the original
texture as a base or combine 2 textures that haven't yet been combined. The wall textures can be whatever theme
or colour you wish, it doesn't matter if it's a brick wall, panel, steel, rocks, stone, tiles ect.

When you have finished designing the wall textures or maps you can submit them either by commenting on this post or
by personal message.

There are only 3 golden rules 1, don't hide keys necessary to complete a level or hide the normal exit and 2 no
superguards on any level other than level 18 please and Hans Gross is the only superguard to be used in this mod.
And no packman ghosts please.

All levels shoud be playable from pistol start, there should be a reasonable supply of health and ammo and a chaingun
should always be available on later maps. It's up to you weather you decide to work with the ceiling colours that are hard
coded otherwise I can change the ceiling colours at a later date. There is no set deadline for this mod yet. I haven't
yet decided what to do about the mutant weather or not to turn the mutant into another guard but I might consider
it or have a an open invitation for someone to design a new guard if anyone decides to use the mutant in their maps.
Let me know if your interested in designing a new guard otherwise I might settle for a recoloured version of the brown
guard or a recoloured officer. I'm aware that this EXE has some bugs which I hope to fix in the future but the EXE is
still functional.
Last edited by PDGamer on Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ack
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Re: EFW Open invite for mappers or new wall textured

Post by ack »

I'll take Map 4, if that's okay.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

I will gladly volunteer for level 8.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

ack wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:56 pm I'll take Map 4, if that's okay.
That slot is yours.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

Thomas wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:48 pm I will gladly volunteer for level 8.
That slot is yours.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

Hi! I'd like map 18 please.
ack
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by ack »

As a lark I asked ChatGPT to give me some suggestions for a mod name. Echoes of War was the best.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

gerolf wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:19 am Hi! I'd like map 18 please.
That slot is yours.
Wolf King

Post by Wolf King »

I can take map 6, that is if you have no objections to that.
Justy Zam
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by Justy Zam »

I would like to take map 16 and also contribute a wall texture set with decorations, please.
As for a name suggestion, I suggest "Strength in Numbers" as a reference to this being a collab mod.
I also go by Justiiue, Raymond, and Justy&Raymond.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

Wolf King wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:04 am I can take map 6, that is if you have no objections to that.
That slot is yours.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

Justy Zam wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:27 am I would like to take map 16 and also contribute a wall texture set with decorations, please.
As for a name suggestion, I suggest "Strength in Numbers" as a reference to this being a collab mod.
Map 16 is yours and the job to design a wall texture set with decorations. Thanks also for suggsting
a possible name for this mod.
Justy Zam
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by Justy Zam »

PDGamer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:48 am
Justy Zam wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:27 am I would like to take map 16 and also contribute a wall texture set with decorations, please.
Map 16 is yours and the job to design a wall texture set with decorations. Thanks also for suggsting
a possible name for this mod.
:D No worries, and thank you as well. I will be contacting you via DMs to give you updates about the wall and decoration textures, as well as my map once it is done.
I also go by Justiiue, Raymond, and Justy&Raymond.