Add-On's, Modifications, and Total Conversions discussions

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, TheTalentedMrLeo

Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Conflict in the Fatherland (2024 VIP)

Post by Tris »

Hi.

Conflict in the Fatherland is, ofcourse, a well-known mod for registered Wolfenstein, made by BJ Rowan, originally released on May 7, 1999. The mod features 60 new maps. I made a 2024 version of Conflict in the Fatherland (SDL), combining resources of Totengraeber and other sources (my own and other) with the original to give it all a more "modern BJ Rowan" feel.

I also changed the entire music order so all original Wolf3D and SOD music is used differently in 60 levels. Moreover, I edited all ceiling colors to match the levels BJ Rowan made. Requires registered WL6 VGA files to play.

You know the drill. 60 levels. BJ Rowan style. Get psyched! or... uh... get something else.

RAR
ZIP

"Was this really necessary?"
I guess not. I could make up a nice story that it's 25 years on and the mod needed an update, but basically making this helped me with dealing with stress at work and made CITF more enjoyable for me as a result. Anyhoo. Enjoy!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

k bye.
-Tris
Technopeasant
Necromancer

Re: Conflict in the Fatherland (2024 VIP)

Post by Technopeasant »

Interesting.
Currently Playing: Des Mannes bester Freund

Last Played: https://wl6.fandom.com/wiki/User:Techno ... #Completed
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

Seems the controls are a bit wacky - I set them up with WASD, and to my surprise found that W moved me backwards, S turned me left, and A moved me forwards! Once I figured that out I was able to correct it by assigning W to left, A to backward, and S to forward, but that was... quite the confusion while dealing with the first guard :lol:. I don't know if the problem occurred because I changed the controls, or if it's just a problem regardless, though.
Look at you, hacker...
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

The ceiling colours on some of the levels are close to what BJ Rowan would have chosen and the different
music is also close to what BJ Rowan could have chosen had he been able to compile the source code at
the time. Conflict in the Fatherland was also ported the Mac version of Wolfenstein 3D by Laz Rojaz
so the high resolution wall textures from Project Totengreaber gives it that similar aesthetic.
Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Tris »

Yeah, that’s kinda what I ment to do.
towhee89

Post by towhee89 »

shodan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:57 am Seems the controls are a bit wacky - I set them up with WASD, and to my surprise found that W moved me backwards, S turned me left, and A moved me forwards! Once I figured that out I was able to correct it by assigning W to left, A to backward, and S to forward, but that was... quite the confusion while dealing with the first guard :lol:. I don't know if the problem occurred because I changed the controls, or if it's just a problem regardless, though.

I've got the same issue....
Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Tris »

I’ll make a new EXE from basic SDL to fix that, fellas.
Perhaps this fork doesn’t work so good yet, idk. :-)