SOD Q & A Remover

Chat on the Original Spear of Destiny Game

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, Arielus

Anonymous

SOD Q & A Remover

Post by Anonymous »

I remember A long time ago when I first played SOD in '93, I had turned 4 then ;). And the only way I could get into the game was to answer a bunch of silly questions. Like, how many eyelets are on bj's boot? who be called "The pixelmeister" etc. etc. So I got really mad cause I needed to find that damn book and hope to god I got those pesky answers right. Well since somebody ported the dos version of wolfenstein to dos4gw I have removed the need to answer those questions. Nothing else has been changed. I mainly did this because somepeople out there don't know how to compile code. They just want to play the game.
http://rapidshare.com/files/6935232/wol ... A.rar.html
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Re: SOD Q & A Remover

Post by Chris »

Or just use the Spear v1.0 exe, or the Activision exe from Spear v1.4 (which don't have that quiz). lol

You could always just use the "backdoor" commands too, if you had the quiz version (joshua, pelt, etc.). The option to compile without the quiz was already in WOLF4GW, too, all you had to was compile it with "#define GOODTIMES". But then again, maybe you already figured that out. ;)

The questions were pretty easy to find in the book, and it also let you have 3 chances each time in case you got one questions wrong, so I don't see how you could have any trouble getting past "those pesky answers". Then again, you were only 4 then, so I guess you were just starting to learn your abc's. :D

But anyway, I'm not sure if my post really accomplished anything, so I apologize for wasting everyone's precious reading time. *runs away giggling*
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

1.0 has bugs that 1.4 does not have. and this version runs in windows xp withought a problem. (no need for vdmsound either).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im I the only who thinks that anyone who is atleast the age of 16 has atleast played duke nukem 3d when it first came out?
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by Chris »

hawkeyefile wrote:1.0 has bugs that 1.4 does not have. and this version runs in windows xp withought a problem. (no need for vdmsound either).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice how many laughs are there? Each one represents something, which I'll leave to you to figure out (if you're up for the "challenge")...
hawkeyefile wrote:Im I the only who thinks that anyone who is atleast the age of 16 has atleast played duke nukem 3d when it first came out?
I used to play it all the time with/against my friends. Awesome times! Not sure if this really has anything to do with your question though.
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Hair Machine »

hawkeyefile wrote:Im I the only who thinks that anyone who is atleast the age of 16 has atleast played duke nukem 3d when it first came out?

Haha, awesomely random comment there. Though actually one of my old friends back when I was ten loved Duke Nukem like crazy, and I remember being totally amazed by the pistol and how cool it was that it reloaded after every twelve shots, just like in the movies man! Still a favourite game of mine.

Anyway, on the topic actually mentioned in the thread title (what? Boo!), I can't really comment since people have been disabling this feature for years without trouble. Still, maybe it hasn't been done before with Wolf4GW, or something. Kudos to you, Lisa. Kudos.
Rar rar fiddle di dee
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

this is very late, but, will this work with SDL?
Tricob
<b>Moderator</b>

Post by Tricob »

The quiz is easy to disable in the code, be WOLF4SDL, WOLF4GW, or Wolf for DOS. You just comment out the part of the code that calls up the quiz routine. :)