Wolfenstein 3D - Definitive Edition DEMO RELEASED!

Add-On's, Modifications, and Total Conversions discussions

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, TheTalentedMrLeo

Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Wolfenstein 3D - Definitive Edition DEMO RELEASED!

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

As you all might know about it, Wolfenstein was released almost 30 years ago, to celebrate such an event in such tough times we live in these days, allow me to introduce you this unofficial 30th Anniversary Edition of Wolfenstein 3D!

It is in endless development hell since 2015 and it changed shape and form numerous times during development, but after all it reached a level where I am actually pretty satisfied with it. Let's talk about what makes this edition so special, since it must be Wolfenstein 3D, it must contain everything that is Wolfenstein 3D with numerous extras, new features, improvements and numerous bug fixes, now you get 3 new episodes with each having their own story that doesn't collide with the rest of the plot nor the timeline and of course you'll encounter new bosses on the last levels. Aside from the new episodes, you will also get to see a flamethrower and a rocket launcher in action now, both consuming different ammo types and makes enemies react in different ways once they die, you have a backpack to carry more ammunition, and a map scroll to reveal the current floor on your automap, YES... YOU NOW HAVE AN AUTOMAP AS WELL, it was scrapped when Wolfenstein 3D was released, but it's back in business and works like a charm. Let's not talk about the new graphics which were made by hand, which are as vanilla as it can get, handing out probably the most vanilla feel of Wolf3D ever. A brand new difficulty setting has been added that adds more challenge for the player to overcome... Can you finish one episode in a single sitting with enemies being more tanky, more aggressive, reacting way faster? You are not allowed to save or load your game and once you die it's game over for you, collecting 40000 points or an extra life will give you full health instead of extra chances.

You might question if the classic levels are cooperative with these new changes, yes they are! Most of the classic levels had been slightly changed to feature the new pickup items. Worth noting that this anniversary edition has the classic episodes disabled by default to avoid pirating and some copyright infringements since this is still an unofficial expansion and that Wolfenstein 3D is still not a freeware game, but you can enable them if you have either a physical or a digital copy of the game, you copy the gamemaps.wl6 and the maphead.wl6 files and paste them inside the anniverary edition's folder next to the .wl9 files. I have made contact with someone at ID about this who gave me the green light for this solution. I still have to make contact with the original ID staff just to let them know about this release.

I guess that's all I had to settle for now, I still have the moddb page here, make sure to follow it. It's going to be DOS and SDL compatible only, so no ECWolf or LZWolf release, if there'll be one existing out there, it's fake and it shall be purged from existence along with the author haha. If you have any questions or something, don't be afraid to leave a post, I dare you to do it!
So yeah, get hyped or whatever, until 05. 05. 2022. I guess!

Here's some pictures to get your blood pumping!
► Show Spoiler
The time has arrived! Go and get your copy! Enjoy!
DOWNLOAD HERE!

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, WOLF3D!
Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Sun May 26, 2024 9:20 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Guest03ca

Re: Wolfenstein 3D

Post by Guest03ca »

Wolf3DGuy wrote:DOS:
1.5:
1.6:
This is the part that interested me the most! :lol:
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Yup, first in SDL then convert it to DOS.
(DOS is not dead, yet)
Guest03ca

Post by Guest03ca »

Wolf3DGuy wrote:Yup, first in SDL then convert it to DOS.
(DOS is not dead, yet)
Awesome! :tup:
linuxwolf
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Post by linuxwolf »

Awesome plan.
Spiritblade-inc
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Post by Spiritblade-inc »

Nice to see people still use some of my old wolfenstein boss sprites every now and then - Eugene Gross in this case, the one with red/grey armor.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Thanks. The boss looks awesome, I just recolored his hair and changed his face. I have a plan with him. :)
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by Chris »

Wolf3D Episodes 7-9, very cool idea.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Some new screenies will come in < 24 hours.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Some new screenies:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3 ... 6#imagebox

I know someone is interested about playing it on DOS, I started coding it.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

A new video was added to the main post.
ronwolf1705
<b>Moderator</b>

Post by ronwolf1705 »

I really like the design of the new level! :)
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Extended Wolfenstein 3D

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Thank you. :-)
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by Zombie_Plan »

Hectic! Looks like it's going to be fun!
vermil
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Extended Wolfenstein 3D (WL9)

Post by vermil »

One thing that concerns me from the new video is how you move knowing where the Nazis are in advance. I'm concerned that it won't be as fun for new players.
Guest03ca

Re: Extended Wolfenstein 3D (WL9)

Post by Guest03ca »

vermil wrote:One thing that concerns me from the new video is how you move knowing where the Nazis are in advance. I'm concerned that it won't be as fun for new players.
Gee, you're right... it's almost as if he designed the levels himself. Highly suspicious.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

^

As Aryan_Wolf3D said, I designed the levels myself, it wouldn't be fun either if I let nazis kill me from behind even if I knew they're there and the demo wouldn't last long more than 15 seconds IMO.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Wolfenstein 3D 30th Anniversary Edition (WL9)

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

This thread is as dead as a rock for a year now, but I can tell you that I'm still developing this thing and I have some interesting news that you might want to know about!

I probably revealed this mod too early back in the days, leaving some thinking I've probably forgot about it or something, but that's not true. I'm still actively maintaining and developing this mod, in fact, I already have a release date set that is 5th May, 2022 and it will be available for DOS and SDL. That's right, for Wolf3D's 30th anniversary which is just around the corner!

For the people who don't have any idea what this thing is supposed to be, this mod's purpose is to expand the original Wolf3D with some new fancy features (and bug/glitch fixes) through the original 6 episodes AND 3 brand new extra episodes while keeping everything as vanilla as possible, like all of it is just part of the game. Just to mention a couple of new features, there's two extra guns with their own ammo types, you can collect backpack to carry more ammo for each guns, locked doors now have separate and different textures, You have heads-up display now, whenever you pick up an item even by accident, the game will let you know what was it. There's also something that probably consumed up most of the development, or at least the coding time, which is a fully functioning automap to help the player navigate just a little bit (without AryanWolf3D I couldn't have done it myself, so God bless you wherever you are now). Modern controls is also a planned feature, but I think I'll include it in some update in the future. The player now can choose a brand new difficulty level which I'll leave to the imaginations alongside with the rest of the features just to make you explore them yourself.

Did I just mention original 6 episodes? Isn't sharing those online is illegal? Well... it is, but I have a weapon for that, that will make you not be able to play those, unless you have a copy of the original game! Just to somewhat dodge all the legal troubles, if possible, this, or moddb is not a pirate site after all!

So yeah, next year Wolf3D turns 30, this Anniversary mod that is nicknamed WL9 will come, DOS and SDL! Hype!

I also have new, fancy images here! https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein- ... ion/images
Technopeasant
Necromancer

Post by Technopeasant »

The automap would be a nice feature for playing the original episodes if you want something more vanilla than ECWolf.
Currently Playing: Des Mannes bester Freund

Last Played: https://wl6.fandom.com/wiki/User:Techno ... #Completed
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Ended up rewriting the main post because it looked like an ugly mess and was considered to be old enough given that the mod is already something else than what it was when the original post was made, just to fresh things up, having that said, this is going to be my last mod to make and release that'll mark my departure due to my interest for Wolf3D and its community died because of... reasons... even if I lack the will and energy now to do anything Wolf3D related I still try to do my best just so you guys will get the best experience possible even if I have to release this thing after May 5, I didn't work my ass out in the last 7 years just to end up with having nothing at all.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Will you release the source code also?
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

lol no. That would cause people removing lines that serve for security purposes like the original episodes check or the game files encryption and I do not want that.
Metalor
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Post by Metalor »

Wolf3DGuy wrote:lol no. That would cause people removing lines that serve for security purposes like the original episodes check or the game files encryption and I do not want that.
Oh, sounds to me like there might be some pretty saucy things in that code then, am I right? C'mon, give us a peek! :L:
- Taking a hiatus from Wolfenstein for a while...

...But I'll be back, you can count on it!
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Metalor wrote:
Wolf3DGuy wrote:lol no. That would cause people removing lines that serve for security purposes like the original episodes check or the game files encryption and I do not want that.
Oh, sounds to me like there might be some pretty saucy things in that code then, am I right? C'mon, give us a peek! :L:
I just prefer my lawn safe from burglars, if you catch my drift.
JacenEXE

Post by JacenEXE »

Wolf3DGuy wrote:
Metalor wrote:
I just prefer my lawn safe from burglars, if you catch my drift.
I respect that. I'll keep away from your lawn.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

All the April Fool's jokes and mods aside, I'm about to wrap up this mod within this week so I'm looking for beta testers applications.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

Beta testers applications are now closed. The people who volunteered will receive the mod either later today or early tomorrow. Thank you!
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

The day's here and the wait is over! Go grab this thing and enjoy!

Happy 30th birthday, Wolf3D!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein- ... ry-edition
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Wolfenstein 3D 30th Anniversary Edition (WL9)

Post by shodan »

:pizza: :cake: :-o :D :D: :mrgreen: :tup: :star:
Look at you, hacker...
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Always was impressed with the look of this. Seems a very believable what-if scenario... Sure could have used the missile launcher the first few times I tried original Episode 2. Lol.