So I got bored...

Chat on the Original Spear of Destiny Game

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, Arielus

ack
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

So I got bored...

Post by ack »

SIZE MATTERS (Requires registered SoD to play).
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

I get a broken link! :(
ack
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by ack »

Thomas wrote:I get a broken link! :(
Strange... works for me. Sorry about that. Let's try server #2: SIZE MATTERS
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

So I got bored...

Post by Thomas »

Both links do not work for me and I have no idea why; luckily I have received the set... Quite an experience!

I got my ass handed to me several times, and though at first glance some levels had an awful lot of ammo and health it was definitely needed! The officers/Wilhelm setup in level 10 was scary and took a few plays for me to win! This was the first mod I ever finished without saving my game - and it was quite an intense play. Level 17 was a nightmare, or so I thought, some levels needed a second or third play to really click. It is very easy to judge levels upon first glance, and get a totally different view of them later.

Teeny tiny in size but nevertheless frightening as hell at times, this was a very refreshing play! Also enjoyed the remaining references to the Spear levels (truck rears & cinder walls in level 11 etc.) and the fast pace of it all. Thank god for ammo boxes!!
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by Zombie_Plan »

I always love self-imposed creative restrictions like this! The challenge is fun as always, thank you. Though I'm nowhere near as far as Thomas :O
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Had to give it another go, this time aiming for 3 x 100 % ratios - and luckily succeeded with the exception of level 7 (50/50). I had no idea there were secret levels the first time around, so I had to try those as well. Very glad I did. And once again, I did not save... Just plowed through the entire thing hoping I got 'em all..... The immediacy and fun of this cannot be understated. The very design of level 14 in itself is an act of brilliance, loved the SS "human shields" behind flag poles, reminded me of John Bucksnort. Happy to see ack's still got it..... And happy to see a Spear of Destiny project too! For some reason, in later years, this seems a bit forgotten when compared to Wolf 3D.

P.S. Moderators don't know why the hell I've still got my DHW rank when the actual master is back again...!
ack
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by ack »

@ Zombie Plan - thanks for that and I appreciate the mention on WolfSource.

@ Thomas - Very glad you got some enjoyment out of the levels. I loved the adrenaline rush I got playing them and along with the experimentation that went with their creation. As far as the Mapping Master thing goes I think it's something you should keep. My active days in the community are over as is my mentoring. You've been active not just in creating mods but also offering opinions and musings that help the newer or less experienced members of the community. That's huge in my books.