Spear specific images in the VGAGRAPH

Chat on the Original Spear of Destiny Game

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, Arielus

WayneCa
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Spear specific images in the VGAGRAPH

Post by WayneCa »

I am looking at the images in the VGAGRAPH file for Spear of Destiny. I see the images that were always saved with some other palette than Spear's palette. I exported all of them out as bmp's, and loaded each one into gimp. The first two simply needed to have the colormap switched from the wolf3d palette to the spear palette to correct the colors. The remainder, however, are not so easily rendered. Can anyone here point me to information on what palette these images used, and how I can restore the color to them properly in gimp?
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

What Wolf editor are you using?

I know that Chaosedit allows you to load different palettes, and SOD actually has more than one. The others are used for many of the images you are referring to. WDC should also be able to load the images with the alternative palettes, then you can extract them while viewing them under these palettes and they should export correctly. So, I can't answer how you could do it within Gimp, but it is possible to do without it. If you can't figure it out, PM me and we will work something out quick.
WayneCa
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Post by WayneCa »

I use WDC mostly, but I also have Havoc's map editor and ChaosEdit. When I looked at the palettes in SoD, it only shows one. How do I get the other palettes?

Edit: OK, I just found the list of palettes in WDC. I never saw them before. Thanks for the help.
WayneCa
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Post by WayneCa »

I was able to extract the images with the correct colors using WDC. My goal is to document things about Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny that I have not seen or found, at least in the way that I am presenting them. So, for anyone interested, this link to my website will allow you to see how I am presenting this data. Hover over the Original PC tab in the bar across the top of the screen to find the link to the images.