Yahoo Spear of Destiny Fanclub

Chat on the Original Spear of Destiny Game

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, Arielus

wolf3d4all
Forum Administrator
<b>Forum Administrator</b>

Yahoo Spear of Destiny Fanclub

Post by wolf3d4all »

Digging into some old stuff stored on a forgotten backup-CD, I've found a portion of messages from John Bucksnort's Yahoo Spear of Destiny Fanclub, starting January 2001.

For those interested, it can be found at www.areyep.com/The_Yahoo_Spear_of_Destiny_Fanclub_Archives,_vol.1.html
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by Zombie_Plan »

Thanks man, this looks pretty cool! It's always nice to see these historic gems get rediscovered :D These groups kind of serve like time capsules for the community and that is rad.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Whoa this is awesome! An old backup-CD... I wonder how much more forgotten gold there lies buried. Lol. This will be an awesome read. I have been on a Bucksnort spree recently, in two months' time it will be 20 years since his passing. One of the true originals of Wolf 3D modding.
Arielus
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Post by Arielus »

Thomas wrote:I have been on a Bucksnort spree recently, in two months' time it will be 20 years since his passing. One of the true originals of Wolf 3D modding.
Anybody out there planning a new anniversary edition of Beyond Mutantstein SE? :mrgreen:

Best,

Ariel
Metal lives forever... blazing on and on!!!
Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Tris »

Wow. Awkward.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Arielus wrote:
Thomas wrote:I have been on a Bucksnort spree recently, in two months' time it will be 20 years since his passing. One of the true originals of Wolf 3D modding.
Anybody out there planning a new anniversary edition of Beyond Mutantstein SE? :mrgreen:

Best,

Ariel
The idea sounds good. I don't know how many people would be up for the task, though. Been a while since the last community map set.
Tris wrote:Wow. Awkward.
I did notice some cocksure posts from you and the usual get off my lawn tactics from BrotherTank in these posts. But it was very different times. I was very pleased about Bucksnort and Brent having a good convo and Bucksnort even cracking a pretty good joke. I still cannot get over the fact that he was 80 years old when all of this went down.

Reading 90 % of my posts on DHW gives me the wow. awkward. thing too. One shouldn't be hung up too much on what has happened before, even though it can be a burden at times depending on the level of cringe.