Corridors of Madness

Add-On's, Modifications, and Total Conversions discussions

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, TheTalentedMrLeo

Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Corridors of Madness

Post by Thomas »

Please indulge me if I may be so bold to present my newest mod, CORRIDORS OF MADNESS.

* 22 new levels (20 straight, 2 secret)
* Different ceiling colours
* Different music order
* Some sprites are now block objects
* Ammo box from Spear of Destiny added

Some of these changes might sound familiar. Tell you what, it's because the EXE I used here is the original 2006 Quest for the General DOS EXE which was put together by none other than the great Dean Horton, who we all miss dearly and wish would come back.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Some screenies:

I hope you will all enjoy this mod. It was fun to make a small, classic-themed mod again after going astray for some time. I was somewhat rejuvenated by getting into the meat of Conflict in the Fatherland, a mod with which I am still not as familiar (gasp!) as so many other classic sets from around the same era. Anyway... It's just a little palate cleanser. I thought it was time to put something out. Been stalling a bit here in my old age.

Enjoy, peeps! And how about this new phpBB design, huh? It's a brave new world after all.
wolf3d4all
Forum Administrator
<b>Forum Administrator</b>

Re: Corridors of Madness

Post by wolf3d4all »

Just in time to add it to https://wolfenvault.areyep.com news page
towhee89

Post by towhee89 »

Nice, thanks Thomas! Glad to see you back. I was playing Conflict in the Fatherland recently, it's a goodun.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

It's good to see other people in the Wolfenstein 3D community still making Dos mods. One thing I always liked about
Quest for the General is the choice of bright ceiling colurs and in this one I like the lime green bricks on level 2 to
match the lime green ceiling. Conflict in the Fatherland is a great source of inspiration for this mod and still one of
the best Wolfenstein 3D level sets around.
quartzdoll
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by quartzdoll »

lost interest on playing wolf for long time. just downloaded this and lzwolf to play. looks good. new bb design is better. :2cool:

i tried playing same with dosbox-x also. if somebody interested in dosbox-x please try it here. works both on windows and linux.

https://dosbox-x.com/

personally i liked lzwolf but problem with lzwolf is that it changed music order to original wolf.
Tris
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by Tris »

Nice set Tom, will try it later today?
shodan
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by shodan »

quartzdoll wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:25 ampersonally i liked lzwolf but problem with lzwolf is that it changed music order to original wolf.
Almost as if playing maps designed around a modified EXE with a different EXE doesn't work as intended...
Look at you, hacker...
serpens
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by serpens »

Make a copy of your LZWolf and edit lzwolf.pk3 mapinfo to assign the correct music and ceiling colours to the maps. Editing lzwolf.pk3 is bad practice and is going to piss AstroCreep off to no end, so you should definitely do it.
quartzdoll
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Post by quartzdoll »

:D

lzwolf couldn't load a saved game. so i moved to ecwolf now. still same with ecwolf that music order reset to original wolf. ok guys whatever the music order i want to play game but don't want to waste time with editing. i am not a pro to edit either. i may miss actual presentation the author intended like ceiling colors. my monitor is QHD 27 inch so dosbox quality on wolf game is blur and bumpy. that forced me to use ecwolf.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

Loving this set so far. I’ve reached map 13. It amazes me how frequently you release such high quality sets. Keep up the good work, Thomas! Let’s keep that modding machine of yours going for years to come!

I also agree. I wish Dean, and Ronwolf, would both return. They are both dearly missed.