Mein Leben! - Small mappack for DOS

Add-On's, Modifications, and Total Conversions discussions

Moderators: Dean, ronwolf1705, TheTalentedMrLeo

Cabo_Fiambre

Mein Leben! - Small mappack for DOS

Post by Cabo_Fiambre »

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forums. I'm still reletively new to the whole Wolfenstein 3D modding scene so i'm still rather unknown in the community. I've released three mods already and this is my fourth installment.

This is a small mappack composed of 5 maps for Episode 1. The whole idea is to evoke the nostalgia of the Wolfenstein 3D vanilla style and make it look like an actual expantion pack made by ID or Apogee.

Despite the name, it's not meant to be a difficult mod and depending on your pace and playstyle you might even complete it in 15 or 20 minutes.

Feel free to leave your suggestions and thoughts.

Have fun!

NOTE: It's useless that i explain how to make the mod work with DOS since this place is mostly veteran players but nonetheless i have included instructions in the "README" file provided in the download.

Credits:
  • ID Software/Apogee/FormGen (Wolfenstein 3D)
  • AreyP/DoubleShotgunGuy (Fixed graphics for guard)
  • AreyP (Some graphics for static objetcs and pickup sounds)
  • Maggot_with_Rockets (Machine Gun pickup sprite)
  • Fox_666 (Graphic fixes)
  • Aurora (Graphics)
  • Wolf Skevos-Jones (Boss graphics)
  • Ken O'Brien/Megabyte (Textures)
  • Justy_Zam (Textures)
Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Download:
Since ModDB didn't authorized the download yet i'll be providing a MediaFire link.
Mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wxd898y6 ... n.zip/file

ModDB:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mein-leben-d ... mein-leben
Technopeasant
Necromancer

Re: Mein Leben! - Small mappack for DOS

Post by Technopeasant »

Welcome and nice work.
Currently Playing: Des Mannes bester Freund

Last Played: https://wl6.fandom.com/wiki/User:Techno ... #Completed
serpens
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by serpens »

Nice. We're gonna teach people how to use DOSBox or die trying.
wolf3d4all
Forum Administrator
<b>Forum Administrator</b>

Post by wolf3d4all »

Now also featured in the Vault News
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

Well done! Tasteful design. Great looking new walls... I'm always a bit thrown when it comes to Blake Stone digitized sounds as I always connect them with Spear Resurrection and posh mods like that, so hearing them in a classic Wolf3D context is always a bit of a [Censored]. But this mod, I like.
Orka
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by Orka »

This is a good set of levels. Not too hard, not too easy either. Level 3 might have been the trickiest - tho any level that combines mutants and 1 tile wide labyrinths is a tricky level for me - at least they were just ambush mutants. The boss fight trap I could smell a mile away, so it wasn't that much of a deal either. Would recommend to everyone for a casual experience.
I want to be sand,
Being there as part of a certain past,
Slowly ground by the wind.
I want to be sand, as a reminder
That time will not stop ever,
However the Earth might spin.
Wolf King
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Post by Wolf King »

This mod was really fun to play. Its always nice to be able to win a mod in one sitting. :D
Gonna keep my eyes open for more of your mods.
PDGamer
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Post by PDGamer »

It's good to see other people still making mods for Dos, the Dos source code is also easier to compile than the SDL
source code. The new wall textures are almost like Vanalla versions of some of the wall textures from Spear Resurrection
and are of the same styling as something id or Apogee could have created. One thing I like about mini mods is that you can
complete them in one sitting.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

Great maps, really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!
BlakeMaster
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Post by BlakeMaster »

Welcome to Die Hard Wolfers.

Nice looking maps so far. I'm sure you'll be making some more incredible content here :)
I live to game. I game to live.
Cabo_Fiambre

Post by Cabo_Fiambre »

I feel deeply dissapointed with this community. I tought this place was chill and full of cool people but i was wrong...

Today i decided to re-join a discord server i had left because i made a cleanup of my discord main page. What started as something simple and casual turned out to be a great decision because while browsing through the different channels i made the unexpected discovery that some of the "members" (most of them well known and "respected") over there were trash talking about me and also conspiring to get me locked out of threads or whatever. I sincerely couldn't bother to read the full conversation but that was enough for me to realize that i've been just wasting my time over here. I don't get what i did wrong to get such mistreatment when all i did was trying to make some contributions and have fun making mods like most of who post over here do.

I hope that those involved in the conversation i've mentioned see this and if you wish to make any statement or clarify something feel free to do so but i'm confident of what i saw. I also hope to make them think about the way they treat others because being a "veteran" or a "respected" (emphasis on the quotation marks because i don't get how they can be consider like that... who cares...) member doesn't automatically give you the right to shit on others but i guess that's too much to ask for people like them.

I had a few projects that i really wanted to share but i guess i'll have to archive those and move on to other places where people really value the effort. Too bad... whatever...
I'm sure that some of you will post this on their discord server and joke about it ("loOk aT whAt thAt cAb0 guY p0stEd HahAha") and for those let me tell you that your moronic attitude doesn't contribute anything productive to this community in fact it divides and destroys it.

I'm out of here.

Goodbye.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Post by Thomas »

If this has to do with your site/mod sites on the Wolfenstein 3D Wiki, then don't get me wrong - if I locked them out of fear of you either deleting them or editing them to bits, it was nothing personal. I have just experienced difficulty (luckily not a lot) in documenting and creating proper Wiki sites for mods or members who out of the blue decide to leave the community, or suddenly come back after ten years only to go all scorched earth on their past. If somebody wants to leave or move on, that in itself is no problem. If the person is not happy here, or feels stifled creatively, I will not stand in their way. What I do not like is the fact that they want to eradicate their own history here. In your case, I thought your mods were indeed worthy enough to remain listed and being available and having their own Wiki sites, and all I did was simply to protect them. I do not know you. You are a relatively new member here, and for what it's worth I do not know if you suddenly decide to delete the Wiki entries in case you get fed up or simply want to move on to something different. All I did on the Wiki was simply to affirm that your profile and your mods remain listed. I enjoyed Mein Leben a whole lot and cannot see why you should let something like this get in the way of further projects.

That is, of course, if this has at all to do with the Wiki entries. If not, then you have got to be more specific.
serpens
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by serpens »

A few people discussed events concerning you, but there was no trash talking. Thomas wanted to lock your wiki articles because, as he mentioned, he's got bad experiences with people destroying his work on the wiki. I hope you reconsider.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Post by gerolf »

I'm curious to know where this conversation took place? I know it didn't happen on Fugitives. We were curious why you had left, but that's about it as far as discussion went.
Wolf3DGuy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Post by Wolf3DGuy »

I mentioned something to Thomas on the Fugitives. That you took down all downloads to your mods on moddb at some point (reuploaded later). So he come to a decision to lock down your wiki page. That is all that happened.
Skelly

Post by Skelly »

This is quite confusing to me. Nobody really had anything bad to say about you until now. I actually thought your mapset was pretty decent especially for a newcomer and looked forward to what else you come up with. If you felt you were being shit on before I think it's really points to a bigger issue of sensitivity and insecurity. From what I observed I think people were just mostly confused that you decided to nuke your all stuff by deleting it all of a sudden. Anyway congrats for creating a self fulfilling prophecy to be shit on now I guess.
Layla

Post by Layla »

Try the Aardwolf server. Tigers are welcome